THE PARDISE OF THE FOUR WIVES

Once upon  a time, there was  a rich king who had four wives. He loved the fourth wife the most and adorned her with rich robes and treated her to the finest of delicacies. He gave her nothing but the best. He also loved the third wife very much and was always showing her off to neighboring kingdoms. However, he also loved the third wife very much and was always showing her off to neighboring kingdoms. However he feared that one day she would leave him for another. He also loved his second wife. She was his confidant and was always kind considerate and patient with him. When ever the king faced a problem, he could confide in her and she would help him get through the difficult times. The king’s first wife was a very loyal partner and had made great contributions in maintaining his wealth and kingdom. However, he did not love the first wife. Although she loved him deeply, he hardly took notice of her?

One day the king fell ill and he knew his time was short. He thought of his luxurious life and wondered, “I now have four wives with me, but when I die, I’ll be alone.”

Thus, he asked his fourth wife, “ I have loved you the most, endowed you with the finest clothing and showered great care over you. Now "I am dying, will you follow me and keep me company?” “No way!” replied the fourth wife and she walked away without another word. Her answer cut like a sharp knife right  into his heart. The sad king then asked the third wife, “I have loved you all my life. Now that I’m dying, will you follow me and keep me company?” “No” replied the third wife. “Life is too good! When you die, I will remarry!” His heart sank and turned cold. He then asked the second wife, “I have always turned to you for help and you’ve always been there for me. When I die, will you follow me and keep me company?” “I’m sorry I can’t help you out this time! replied the second wife. “Her answer struck him like a  bolt of lightning and the king was devastated. Then a voice called out: "I’ll go with you. I’ll follow you no matter  where you go." The king look up and there was his first wife. She was very skinny as she suffered from malnutrition and neglect. Greatly grieved, the king Said, “I should have taken much better care of you when I had the chance!”

IN TRUTH, WE ALL HAVE THE 4 WIVES IN OUR LIVE 


  • Our fourth wife is our body. No matter how much time and effort we lavish in making it look good, it will leave us and when we die.


  • Our third wife is our possession, status and wealth. When we die, it will go to others
  • Our second wife is our family and friends. No matter how much they have been there for us, the farthest they can go with us is to the grave side.
  • And our first wife is our soul, often neglected in pursuit of wealth, power and pleasures of the world. However, is the only thing that will follow us wherever we go. It is the only part of you that will follow you to the throne of God and continue with us throughout eternity.
Friend, please pause and think about your life – “For whosoever will save his life shall lose it: and whosoever will lose his life for my sake shall find it. For what is man profited if he shall gain the whole world and lose his soul?” – Matthew 16:25-26. Since the soul is all that really mattes during one's life on earth, don’t you think is important we give it the attention it deserves? Our souls have been corrupted by sin (Romans 3:23), and the soul that sins is destined for destruction in hell fire (Ezekiel 18:4); Roman 6:23. It is therefore important that we receive the remedy that Jesus is offering to us and that is Eternal Life (John 3:16).

WHAT SHOULD I DO TO RECEIVE ETERNAL LIFE?


  •  Understand that Jesus died on the cross on your behalf to ensure that you receive eternal life so that you would not have to die and perish I hell fire (Roman 5:8-10).
  • 2Understand that you have a choice to make concerning where you spend eternity (heaven or hell). Jesus has done all that needs to be done to ensure that you do not go to hell, but you have to make a choice to either accept Him or reject Him (John 1:11-12).
  • Understand that nobody goes to hell because he refuses to stop sinning. People only go to hell because they refuse to allow Jesus save them from their sins and give them eternal life. Jesus knows that you cannot change yourself, so He wants to do it for you. “For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall  be saved” Romans 10:13.
  • Believe in the Lord Jesus, accept His work on the cross call on Him to save you and grant eternal life into your soul (II Cor. 5:17)
  • You could say the prayer below, meaning it will all your heart:
 Lord Jesus I believe that you died for my salvation. I ask that you save me now and grant me eternal life. I thank you for forgiving my sins and saving me from destruction, I now confess you as the Lord of my life. Amen

If you said this prayer meaning it with all your heart then I want to assure you that you are save from sin and enter the family of God. However, there is still a lot, that you need to do  to nourish your soul.
1.       Get a bible and read it through starting from the New Testament (1 Peter 2:2)
2.       Pray always about everything (Philippians 4:6-7).
3.       Find a very good church to attend where you can hear God’s word (Hebrews 10:25)
4.       Get baptized in water and in the Holy Spirit and preach the gospel with boldness (Mark 16:15-18; Acts 1:8).

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Few Steps to Maturity as a Christian

THE GOD PATH FOR OUR LIFE TO OUR PREPARED PLACE ON EARTH

TIPS ON GIVING